Here’s something that made me smile:
- Frank Turner, currently one of my favourite musicians, mentions on Twitter that he’s about to play a free gig in Winterthur, Switzerland later in the day.
- My friends Rebecca and Simon live in Winterthur, so I suggest, through Twitter, that they may want to go along.
- Rebecca and Simon haven’t heard of Frank Turner, so they sample his tunes via the web.
- It’s a pleasant evening in Switzerland so Rebecca and Simon decide to go along.
- Rebecca and Simon send me, via Yfrog and then Flickr, photos from the gig.
5. Frank Turner gets a new fan, Becs and Simon get a good night out and I, half a continent away, get to see what a good time they had.
That (among a few other things) is what the internet was made for.